Sunday, October 21, 2007

Greetings from Ust-Kamenogorsk


If you need help, I'm currently in North-East Kazakhstan enroute for an idyllic lake/river/puddle. I am trying to sort out the fallout from my little incident in Siberia and forget the doom laden feeling I had in Gornal police station (and the taste in my mouth when the investigator lit his 45th ciggarette and I thought I was going to throw up on him). To help me do this I will be staying in another ex-Soviet hotel in Almaty later this week and enjoying a "Bard's festival". Obviously I've no idea what this will entail but I can guarantee there will be absolutely no vodka involved. Anyway I've got to go so more later....


This was originally written on 21 August 2007. It is from my summer trip from Beijing to Birmingham.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home